Saturday, July 30, 2011

Ryan’s week!

As I stated earlier, Ryan and I left the beach a little early so that he could audition for a play at Fort Rucker.  The Missoula Children’s Theater (look it up and support!!) sends 2 people and one small pickup truck to many towns to help children learn and put on a play.  The audition was the most organized thing I have ever seen!!! ( I will use many of the tricks they used to “control” groups of kids!)  Ryan was given a speaking part (BAD DOG-Fitting don’t you think?) and spent the next 4 days in rehearsals.  Most days while he rehearsed I spent time in my disaster of a classroom or at the Dr’s  with Dennis.  I finally took Preston and Grant with me on Friday to help move and arrange the furniture.  After just 5 days of rehearsals these kids put on an hour + long musical/ play TWICE today.  It really was amazing and Ryan truly loved it all.

The play was a wild west take-off on The Wizard of Oz called The Wiz of the West.   Ryan played one of “Hawk nose Halley’s” gang of dogs.  She is like the Wicked Witch of the West.  His character was called “Bad Dog”.  He did a really good job and looked so cute, handsome? ….CUTE- he WAS a dog!  They did not “let” you take pictures during the show but had a nice photo shoot time after each show.

Picture 071

The entire cast: ages 5-18!!!  The bottom row is all 5-7 yr olds!

Picture 021 Picture 030 Picture 038

Hawk nosed Halley (without her nose)  with MAD DOG TOP DOG and BAD DOG

Picture 041 Picture 044 Picture 045

With some of his fans after the 1st show

Picture 046 Picture 047 Picture 048

Isn’t he THE CUTEST!!!

BTW he also filled out another online acting thing so we got a call last week to go to Atlanta to meet with casting people.  Right now we have very few weekends free but I guess I will be driving to Atlanta soon to see if he is “marketable”!  He will start his next musical theater class in a few weeks and will audition for another military (Christmas) production in September.

He is ready to move to California!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome! Glad he had such a good time...and to think we knew him back when lol

    ReplyDelete