On our final day, we went looking for a picturesque driveway, a huge tree and another light house before we left Charleston. It took many hours but we made it home safe and sound in time for a 4th (3rd) of July get together at Dennis’s parents house.
Much like the beginning of our trip, the last day had some “busts”. I knew the plantation would be closed but thought we would be able to see the famous driveway…strike one! Then we went to find the Angel Oak and it was closed…strike two! How can you close a tree? Well it had a fence around it to keep the huge 300 yr old tree safe and since it was Sunday it did not open until 1pm. We took some pictures through the fence and were still impressed.
Then we decided that we were only a few miles from Folly Beach. We could just pop over and take pictures of the lighthouse in the water. Well….it was open but you had to go through some beach traffic and then hike a bit to the beach. Again the boys were not excited to stop but enjoyed it once we got there.
They chased crabs, caught a jelly fish, found shells and tried to make fire :)
As we were driving home I saw a pretty driveway and we turned around to take a picture
Then as we were nearing the AL border, I saw a sign for a covered bridge. We turned around and went to take more pictures. Again, the kids were not happy but complied! It was our LAST stop!
This is why they put up the fence around the Angel Oak…so sad.
I hope you enjoyed OUR trip…WE did. I took over 580 pictures! and we made a lot of memories!
Now we can start back with house updates…Framing starts today (5th)!
No comments:
Post a Comment