We have lived in many houses and all the walls have been white. When we were building our dream house I initially wanted each room to be a different color. Then I learned that “the more paint colors, the higher the price”, neutral colors are easier to match and it is darn HARD to pick out the right paint color. (Some of you may remember my stress when trying to find the right color TAN for the main parts of the house). After looking at many homes and pictures I decided I wanted a Navy blue room. EVERYONE was skeptical until it was done. Then EVERYONE liked it…even the painter said it was his favorite room. Since then we have always called it “the blue room” as in “go watch that in the blue room” or “I am going to watch MY shows in the blue room”, “Mom, you can always go to the blue room if you don’t want to watch this”. I still love the blue room but it has been a bit hard to decorate.
View from the door. The shrank we got when we were in Germany fits well in there. I had the blue ticking curtains our master bedroom for years and saved them. I bought the little table at an antique auction last summer. The blue plaid couch has moved with us 6 times and has seen betters days but I still love it.
This is our salute to Texas where we lived for 5 years.
This burgundy chairs fits well in here.
Other side of room. The walls are really darker…more navy.
I couldn’t decide whether to make it Americana, Auburn (orange and blue) or just a mix. Right now it is just a mix. The shrank (“shrunk”) has all my Santa's, eggs, crystal and a few things from all our travels. I am going to frame some pictures above the couch from our travels with maps of the places as backgrounds (pinterest!) BUT on Tuesday we are moving this blue couch upstairs and getting a pale yellow couch. I will post more pictures after we get the new couch and office furniture.
I hope you enjoyed our “blue room”. If it’s good enough for the President’s house, it’s good enough for mine.
Here are a few bonus pictures from the foyer corner right outside the blue room.
I have 2 small corners in the foyer. This one has a Cross wall over a case that holds the Griffin Family Bible. It is very old and was just given to Dennis (as the oldest son) from his Uncle William.
We are very proud to have it and I think it looks great here. I have a friend who has a cross wall and will add to it when family gets baptized, married etc. Ryan made one of the crosses in Club 56 at church so I will write the date of his baptism on the back of it.
The other side of the foyer had a nice big house plant but it did not get enough sun so I had to move it. Still looking for a replacement.
No comments:
Post a Comment