Grant turned 15 on the 12th. FIFTEEN!! WOW! This will be a big year for him as he begins DRIVING! Hopefully he has learned from listening to us teach Preston.
Grant has grown into a wonderful young man. He is helpful, responsible, smart and compassionate. It’s not every day you can say that about a young teenager. He is now taller than me and almost as tall as Preston. He still plays 3 sports a year and is a great student.
The varsity football team eats breakfast together on Friday mornings so Grant opted to have his birthday breakfast (sausage and egg casserole) on Saturday. We did sing to him as he was trying to get ready for school on his birthday.
We will have a quick get together with family on Sunday afternoon to have pie and open presents. Grant is not a big sweets person but he does love Buttermilk Pie. So I will make 2 Buttermilk Pies tomorrow to go with the 2 Chocolate Pies I made today. This time of year is so busy for us that poor Grant usually gets a quick family gathering.
Then: age 3 and now: Playing JV football
Grant has never been a fan of pictures. I have been looking all the way back through summer and cannot find a picture of his face! I have sports pictures and pictures of him sleeping but none of him just looking at me. That will be my mission for the week. You are NEVER too old for your momma to want a picture of you!
Here is one from the first day of school…I cropped out Preston and Ryan!
Happy Birthday Grant. We love you and are very proud of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment