We had a wonderful Saturday last weekend. My nephews spent the night and then Preston had a few friends over to play ball so I had about 10 boys in the yard most of the day. Later that evening my sister in law came with my nieces and Dennis’ parents came over as well. We ate a nice meal that Dennis mainly cooked: deer cube steaks with gravy, mashed potatoes and field peas. I made “s’more bites” for dessert. We watched Auburn play so badly that we stopped watching at halftime to start carving pumpkins. We had 2 extra carvers and luckily I had 2 extra pumpkins for school so every one that wanted to carve one, got to.
(taken from the stairs) This was not Autumn’s “thing”
Grant wanted a white pumpkin to see if it was different in the inside…it did smell a little like cantaloupe
Everybody working hard
Ryan
Caleb Jones’s pumpkin
Lauren’s masterpiece
John Nathan’s jack o lantern
Caleb’s Nike swoosh
Grant looking like his ghost pumpkin
Corbin’s happy pumpkin
Autumn wanted a SCARY pumpkin!
Ryan searched the internet for the most original idea again this year…a pumpkin eating a leg!
Everybody (minus John Nathan) with their pumpkins…Preston and Jordin stayed upstairs playing video games (party poopers).
While they carved, Nicki and I cleaned and roasted pumpkin seeds. They were yummy hot out of the oven and my kiddos at school ate them up too!
Later after everyone had gone and everything was clean, Ryan came over and said, “Is this why you built this house? for days like today with Preston’s friends over and family over to eat, watch football and carve pumpkins?” I said, “yes Ryan it is, that is what your dad and I were just talking about”…how sweet
Preston had to bring a pumpkin to school for art class this week. He said “you know, not many people carve pumpkins, I thought everybody carved pumpkins”….only those with the best moms Preston! I hope you carve pumpkins with your own kids for many years!
No comments:
Post a Comment