Sunday, October 7, 2012

Home Tour : Dining Room

I meant to do this MONTHS ago but I keep waiting for the house to be perfectly clean (ha!) and decorated (ha!).  So I decided that before I put the boys scrapbook stuff back on the dining room table, I would start the online tour of our dream home with the dining room.

We will eventually have a 10 ft long handmade pine table with 10 chairs.  Dennis has the plans but has not had time to start it yet and we would love to use old wood.

PA070032

Looking toward the arch to the kitchen.  The hutch is one that Dennis and I refinished several years ago.  It belonged to his great aunt and uncle and was in their house when it burned.  The varnish was melted on it and it was black!  The pie safe (left) was left in the first house we lived in when we got married.  It belonged to Dennis’s paternal grandparents.  It was in pieces but just needed to be put back together.  The pub table is one of the first antiques Dennis and I bought after we married.  We found it at an antique store and had been looking for years.  Our favorite restaurant had tables like these and we loved them.

PA070030

From the arch looking to the foyer

PA070031

Old cotton basket beside the Hoosier Cabinet Dennis’s mother bought us when we went antiquing last year

The walls are a pale tan color with white trim.  It is not showing up to well.

PA070033

View from living room into dining room with bookcase divider

PA070035

I have been saving a picture torn from a magazine since 2009 with a view just like this.  The bookcase in the picture had columns. We did not originally want the staircase there but now it really looks like the picture.  This is looking from right side of foyer to dining room.

I hope you enjoyed the tour of our dining room.  If you would like to see a closer shot of something just let me know. 

Next stop: The Blue Room

No comments:

Post a Comment