The kids will finish their first week of school today. The first days were iffy, with Grant asking to be home schooled and Ryan asking to move back to Maryland, but I think they are better now. They are on the bus by 7am (much later than our 8:15 departure time for school in Maryland. They are tired and a bit grumpy in the am and when it is bedtime. I am tired too...been going to bed at 10pm! The days seem so long working around the house. I am ready for lunch and it is only 10:15!
The house is taking shape...most stuff is going to fit, although I have 3 garage sale boxes already. I am determined to get the kitchen and our bedroom in shape today. Will help the boys with theirs this weekend.... in my free time! I am going on a Ladies church retreat tonight....home Saturday afternoon. Preston has a sleepover and party tonight and another friend has asked him over Saturday night.
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!
Grant and Ryan had their first practice yesterday. They were so cute in their pads and helmets. Grant did not want me to take pictures-of course. I took a few at practice anyway but from a distance. Thought they would be on teams with their cousins but that did not work out due to age/birthdays. Ryan was glad to be on the younger team this year. Told me he "trucked" someone at practice. He will be one of the oldest on his team. Grant is an age group above my nephews. They all play on Saturdays (4:30 Ryan-Lauren cheering, 5:30 Corbin/Caleb, 6:30 Grant) so we will be there all afternoon. They play on the HS field and run through a sign just like the big boys!
Preston starts JV football on Monday. They will play Thursdays, HS on Fridays....we will be EMERCED in football....welcome to the South! He is excited. He seems to have adjusted well to NBHS. In 8th grade you mainly have the same schedule as the others in your group, so he just follows people around. I think they will all be ahead in Math...R and G WAY ahead but we will see.
We have a home phone now but having problems w/lines and email/internet. House is wired crazy.
Dogs are doing OK....fought the other day -twice. First time, Grant opened the door to tell them to stop and they ran in the kitchen and fought around the table....funny now, not so much, then. Later they fought and Dennis tried to break them up and on of them bit his hand. I was ready to give one or both away or neuter them both. Think we will neuter Oz and then just let them settle their selves here in their doggy, way....who sleeps where etc. They have been playing today! STUPID DOGS!
All for now...promise pictures as soon as I can stay up late:)
How to Move in the Classroom
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment