Sunday was rough...cried all day. Scott had a nice girly drink ready for me and Carey. Monday the kids and I went to the O club for Dennis's farewell lunch. It was nice and he got nice things. They picked on him a bit but he enjoyed it. Monday night I went out with Tina and Carey and we left 12 kids with the men having a sushi night. They all survived...even the men. Tuesday was his last flight and they hosed him down good when he landed. Tuesday night was meatloaf night :) Long story but I promised Scott I would make him a meatloaf so I did....6 lbs!
Today (Wednesday) we took all the kids + 2 Rohrbaugh cousins and my parents to the Capitol Building in DC. We took the Metro which was the highlight for the kids. Hot but beautiful day to walk around DC. I will miss being that close to the nation's capital. We packed up most of our stuff at Carey's and moved into a hotel w/ my parents.....more crying :( I am not sure I will be able to drive Friday :(.
Tomorrow is Dennis's Change of Command and then we are done. We will pack up Thursday night and just pick up the dogs Friday morning. I hope everything fits in the van and 2 trucks.
The movers called today and they are now going to deliver our stuff Thursday! Dennis's mom will have to receive our shipment and tell them where to put stuff. She is also going to the back to school nights at the kids schools so they will know what to do Monday morning. We will get there Friday night and the boys will start school Monday morning. It will be a busy week ahead.
Prayers go out to our friends Tiki and Eddie. Tiki's brother in law and Eddie's brother both passed away and the family is hurting.
How to Move in the Classroom
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment