Where did January and February go? Time is going by TOO fast. I feel like I wake up one day and it is the first of the month and when I wake up again it is a NEW month! Our January was FULL of basketball. All three boys played on different teams and usually on the same nights so we would have to split up. Now we are already into baseball games. Preston is on the varsity team and plays catcher and 2nd base and Grant plays the same positions on the JV team. Both boys are playing well and their teams look good. Ryan is still in the practice stage of his baseball but misses half the practices due to his Sound of Music rehearsals. He is Kurt in the Enterprise State Community College Spring production and is loving every minute of it. They will perform 3 times Easter weekend!
The weather here has been crazy….warm most of the winter when we had inside basketball games and now cold at night with lots of rain and storms. Tornados all over yesterday with one touching down right “on the hill”. Dennis’ uncle’s house had some minor damage. They have even let us out of school early one day due to weather concerns that never materialized. I am really worried about the summer….bet it is SUPER HOT!
Animal update: When we moved in we built a large pen for the dogs and let them out often. They ran away twice. Found by hunters after 7 days the first time. The next time someone called about Sport after 7 days and Ozzy just showed back up after 11 days! We decided not to pen them up and they are still here. They go every night and come back in the morning filthy and tired. Sport has lost many toenails. Not sure what they are up to but it involves lots of dirt!
Not sure if you can tell how red they are….Sports face should be mostly white like his back!
House update: I am way too excited about shelving but I can now park in the garage! We (and I say “we” loosely) built shelves for one of the closets in the garage. Maybe soon we can both park in the garage and I will have a beautiful master closet! Still more to do in the yard and house but most rooms are 98% done. We found a pool table but still need to get it felted. One thing always leads to another.
Some of the shelving!
We are in the midst of our Spring birthday season": Dennis’s mom,my niece Lauren, my dad and his brother Kenny, Dennis’s dad, ME and then Preston! (Jan-April) I am not telling my age (the boys keep up with that) but Preston will be 16!! WOW and driving on his own WOW WOW
Dennis’s mom and my dad
Other CRAZINESS:
The boys spent a whole weekend trying to put crazy notes on each others backs which they thought was HILARIOUS!
The cats favorite toy: a plastic insert from some one’s Christmas present; Go Figure
Preston playing ……and Ryan in his Bee Keeper stuff. He is going to be a junior bee keeper!
and…..Donkeys that wandered into our yard!!!
Our life is CRAZY but it is interesting to say the least!!!
Donkeys!!! Too funny...miss ya!
ReplyDeletedonkeys and bees and all sorts of sillies! LOVE it! sounds like our house :)
ReplyDelete