Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pool Anyone?

Dennis has been wanting a pool table for our upstairs game room and after searching Craig’s List he found one owned by someone we know and he bought it.  It still needed to be put together and felted.  Finally, late one Sunday afternoon, it was done.  The boys were so excited and in the spirit of March Madness, made up a tournament bracket for us and my parents.  Some of us had NEVER played and others had a bit more experience.  We had a great time and all but one game was won by default (hitting in the 8 Ball or scratching on the last shot).  I think one person ended up winning without ever sinking a ball.  I had a hard time aiming and missed the ball many times.  The one with the final laugh was my mother who beat my dad to WIN the 1st Griffin/Howe tournament!  (He scratched or missed or something).  We have all practiced a lot since then and the boys have played many games.  Preston had a few friends over afterschool when the weather cancelled baseball games.  I am hoping there will be thousands of games played on our table.  Making Memories.  **We still don’t have the game room decorated but I am searching for fantastic ideas.

P3180054P3180058P3180059P3180080P3180066

No comments:

Post a Comment