This is an almost typical day in my life these days: Last Thursday, I had to take off work 1/2 day in the afternoon (actually it was less than half because I had an meeting at noon and then took off) so that I could finally get a prescription filled. I got gas and went straight to the pharmacy. Those familiar with large or military pharmacies will get the picture: my “C” number was 753 and they were on 701! There are also “A”’s which are military in uniform and they get priority and “B”’s which were prescriptions which were issued inside the facility (which mine was not). I had been there 10-15 minutes and they had called 4 TOTAL numbers. I had to pick up some chicken fingers at 2:30 from Wally World and get them to the high school by 3 (another reason I had to take off early). Anyway after a friend got there and her “B” number was called almost right away and they were still on 711, I took a “B” number (what could they do to me?). Not too many minutes later my number was called and after a brief scare, they found my prescription and never said a word about having the “wrong” number. I WILL REMEMBER THIS NEXT TIME….and as I gave a poor soul pulling a “C” 770 number my 753 number, I told him to “get a B, they go MUCH quicker”. That whole story was really beside the point but is kinda how things seem to go.
I left base and went to Wal Mart where I saw an old HS friend while I waited on the chicken. Picked up LOTS of chicken fingers, plates, napkins and ketchup and drove to the HS. I got there just as the bell rang and I texted the boys to come help. They each brought a friend and everything was unloaded in no time. The parents are taking turns feeding the basketball teams each home game because some of them are there until after 8 at night. We are there from 4:30 until after 8 since Grant plays first, then the varsity girls and then the varsity boys.
I went home, laid on the couch with a slight headache. Ryan came home. Then Ryan said, “Mom are we going to Grant’s game?”. I had fallen asleep and it was time to go. We jumped up and made it to the game (luckily we live 3 minutes from the school now). Ryan and I had to leave in the 3rd qtr to go to play practice.
Our local community college puts on a musical every year. This year it is The Sound of Music (my all time favorite movie)! Ryan wanted to audition and then they day of auditions came and he was so nervous he almost did not go. He thought he was going to have to sing a solo but they sang in groups of 5 around a piano and the director listened to each one. The next day Ryan was not asked back for call backs so I thought he did not make it. He really could only get the part of Kurt because he is too young for the few other boy parts. Anyway he called me the next day afterschool and said he saw the cast list and he was KURT! I was so excited (he was too) but now we have to juggle play practice with basketball games! So after we left Grant’s game we went to play practice. As soon as it was over, Ryan changed in the car and we drove to his basketball game. We got there in the 1st qtr and he played well, scoring 6 points! While there Dennis would send me texts on Preston’s game. We did not get home until almost nine and there were a few chicken fingers left! Now eat, bath, bed and start all over again! AND I just signed him up for baseball….guess when they will probably practice….on play practice night I am betting!
Quick Update: Dogs are back….a hunter found them about 4-5 miles from our house and called us. The house is coming along more slowly than I would like but with a schedule like ours, that’s what it is. I “lost” the thing I need to upload pictures so none with this post . And still no cards made! Maybe soon…..
No comments:
Post a Comment