Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring!!

SPRING BREAK IS HERE!!  Dennis and the boys (+ a friend) went with Kenny and his boys to Uchee Creek, GA to fish for a few days so I am left ALONE!!!! WOO HOO!  Smile  I am going to the beach tomorrow to spend some time with Nicki and the girls but first I wanted to soak up some quiet time here in the new house. 

Fall is my all time favorite season and I really miss the fall in Maryland.  Usually Summer is my next favorite season for obvious reasons as a teacher: No School!  BUT this year, Spring is gaining on it.  In Alabama we usually get a day or two of Spring before Summer weather rushes in.  I think the groundhog was wrong because we have been having sneak peaks of Spring since January.  Today is just beautiful.  I was sitting in the sun, drying off from running in the sprinklers (I just misjudged as I was moving them around), and 2 butterflies were playing right near me. They came so close I thought they were going to land on me.  Then another one joined in and all 3 flitted and fluttered around me.  Before I could get my camera they had moved on and split up.  I could never get a good shot.  I have seen many butterflies of all different colors in the last few weeks.  The birds are singing (one annoyingly so) everyday and I do not have to bundle up for late baseball games.  LIFE IS GOOD.  I LOVE driving down my driveway, winding through all the trees with bright green leaves and we have several dogwoods in bloom.  Azaleas are still in bloom everywhere.  We planted some but they are not blooming yet and may not this year. 

P3250094

The weather is supposed to be fantastic at the beach so I will add more pictures when I get back.  Then it is on to the TO DO list that never ends and keeps getting longer!

Here are a few pictures of the house and yard as “before’s” or “in progress” pictures.  We have sod and have planted a few things here and there.  Many people have given us plants and trees.  Some we can plant this year and some will have to be in pots for a year.  I still have not had an open house but plan to soon (I hope).  We have also not taken a family picture for our 2011 Christmas cards, new year, Valentine’s Day, Easter  cards….you get the picture (or really-you don’t :).

P3170044P3170047P3170049

P3170047

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment