Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas

Sitting here waiting for the boys to wake up the day after, the day after Christmas.  We will head out shopping in a bit to spend some Christmas money!  We started celebrating Christmas Eve and finished last night! On Christmas Eve we go to Dennis’s parents house for our Christmas with them and his brothers (and families).  Sandra always has games to play.  This year was Family Feud, Humming Christmas carols and a little Pictionary (kids love it).  We had a nice steak dinner and opened presents.

Picture 082

Autumn’s turn at Pictionary…very funny, she made up her own!

Picture 062

All the Griffin Cousins

 Picture 066

Is it time yet?

Picture 071

Finally!!!

Picture 078

GIANT chocolate dipped marshmallows the boys and I made! YUM

Christmas morning started bright and  early.  Ryan woke up at 5 and I made him crawl in bed with me for an hour or so.  We did not sleep :)  Then I woke up the “older” boys and put the casserole in the oven.  By then my parents were there and Dennis was up on Skype.  Time to open presents!

Picture 035  Picture 037

Atlanta hat

Picture 039

SEC champ hat and a PHONE!!! finally

Picture 041

Clothes for Preston

  Picture 044 Picture 042

Guitar for Ryan

Picture 047 Picture 048

Preston wanted a Shake weight!

\Picture 051 Picture 052

Ryan got an electric scooter!

 Picture 054

Dennis got to watch it all

Picture 058

The aftermath!

After Breakfast and the boys playing with new video games, we went to my parents for more presents and food!  We got my brother on Skype from California and then later, Dennis again.

Picture 094

My family minus Frankie and Dennis

Cold rainy day, I stayed in my Christmas PJs all day!

 

 Picture 083 Picture 084 Picture 088

Frankie on Skype (poor lighting and a dirty computer screen :()

Picture 092

The “roast Beast”  a standing rib roast…it was excellent!

The next day we had more family fun and food with Dennis’s aunts, uncle and cousins…

Picture 095

More food…grilled chicken!

Picture 106 Picture 109

Dennis’s Dad, Aunt Jean and Uncle William

Picture 114

The cousins…minus Ty.

We had a great Christmas and will continue it the rest of the week as we get ready for the new year.  We will have sleepovers with the cousins, a bit of undecorating, more food, family and even a New Years wedding!  I hope you all had a much fun as we did.  We missed having Dennis here but it was nice to be able to have him on Skype!  He said it did not feel like Christmas to him over there but hopefully it helped to watch us.  Merry Christmas to all and a wonderful 2011!

1 comment:

  1. I got a shake weight too!!!! Haven't used it yet but am going to start this week:) Hey, I have emailed and replied to your message a few weeks ago. Do you get them?? I'm not sure if my computer is sending them or if they are being blocked. Just checking. I don't want you to think I'm ignoring you:)

    ReplyDelete