Dennis was here for 15 days. He got here on November 19th and left on December 5th. I picked him up at the airport and we picked up the kids at the High school. Grant and Preston were pretty laid back and cool but Ryan jumped off the bus and ran into Dennis’s arms…wish I had had a video camera. As soon as we got home the boys had him shooting baskets!
The 2 weeks were very busy but I think we had a nice mixture of “busy-ness” and family time. Dennis got to see Preston play and Ryan practice (basketball). He took Ryan to get his very first military ID card. We had family dinners alone and with the extended families and watched Auburn beat Alabama and South Carolina!
We had a nice Thanksgiving meal, got our Christmas tree up and decorated and surprised Dennis with his own Christmas.
Dennis enjoyed…
A family fish fry
using his new smoker
Playing with the pups, who were gone the morning he got here and stayed gone for 3 days!
some of his favorite foods
Fishing with the boys
We also had our Christmas card photo shoots.
Here’s one that did not make the cut (it’s the future home site)
We took a picture the day Dennis left in April and re-created it the day he came home as well as the day he left again:
April
Nov 19th
Dec 5th
I don’t think they changed that much but in the 2 weeks Dennis was here, they got haircuts and…..
Preston shaved for the first time!
Dennis made it back to Kuwait safely and will be back in April. More Holiday pictures to come!
OMG, Preston has a razor????? Dennis looks so proud in the mirror. Those pictures of his departure and arrival were sweet. Grant grew a foot and Ryan matured into a little man. Preston is handsome as usual. Looks like he had a great visit. Did he feel silly letting you take his picture with his dinner plate? JR hates it when I do stuff like that to him but Oh well....it's for the blog I say:)
ReplyDelete