Saturday, March 30, 2013

Spring? Break

I stayed away from this blog and from facebook so that I would not blow a very big surprise.  My friend Bree is finally having a baby after several hiccups along the way.  Her baby shower just happened to be at the beginning of my spring break.  So I flew to Maryland to surprise her!  I stayed with my best friend Carey and my second husband Scott (and their 3 wonderful children).  I flew in Friday and surprised Bree on Saturday.

bree

She was so excited and made us both cry. 

Brees shower

My other “besties” took the day off on Monday to play hooky with me.  Carey, Chris,  Bree, Jenn and I went to the Cheesecake Factory and the new casinos at Arundel Mills.  Our day started a little later than planned due to the SNOW!!!!

snow

View of Carey’s backyard!

cheesecake

My lunch was good and this cheesecake was Fabulous!!!

maryland

We played the slot machines for awhile but only Carey was winning.  We had such a great time.  It was just like old times and almost made me cry because I knew I would have to leave again.  On Tuesday I got to go to my old school and see some of my former students all grown up…almost brought on more tears Smile

Chris had to be out that day suddenly and they pulled her sub so I got to be “Chris” for the morning.  Carey and I left after lunch because she had a dr appt. but it was so nice to see everyone even for such a short time. I really did hate to leave but missed all my “boys”

While I was in Maryland, they went fishing with Kenny, Corbin, Caleb and friend Christian.  They had a great time even though it was freezing there too.

DSC07409DSC07422DSC07425DSC07433DSC07435DSC07444

Think they brought home 49! 

We spent the rest of spring break unpacking, doing laundry and going to baseball games.  Preston and Grant were in a tournament.  They won 2 and lost one.  Grant did not get to play much since he just moved up to varsity and Preston finally came out of a hitting slump.  The weather was sunny so I did finally get a little sun on my arms, feet and face!  I need to at least look like it was Spring Break!  Tomorrow is Easter so I am sure I will take a “few” pictures!

1 comment: