It is a quiet morning here, except for the dogs barking at some unknown thing. Kids had a friend sleep over and they are all still asleep. Dennis went to the men’s breakfast at church and then to help one of his brothers. So I made myself a nice BIG breakfast: fried eggs, grits, toast, bacon, fresh pineapple and grape juice! I should have taken a picture haha. I read a little in my book and have a few loads of laundry going. Then I decided to dye 10 lbs of rice for my rice table at school! I did it by the book (internet) first and then because I have a short (preschool) attention span, I set off on my own to get it done faster. We’ll see which batches work best. It will all end up on the floor eventually anyway. But my kiddos LOVE our rice table. It is pretty cute- someone didn’t want it anymore so I snatched it up last year. I am SURE they got tired of sweeping up rice and saying things like, “don’t pour the rice up too high”, “see this clean floor, try and keep the rice IN the table”, but they like it so I am keeping it. I was going to just put plain white rice and beans in it but I decided to give it a try. I have never dyed this much at one time.
Four batches inside and I have several more drying outside. The sun has peaked out after days of rain. Ryan and I were on the front porch the other day in our new rocking chairs and we saw this neat cloud…
If you look closely at the top left side you can see a rainbow of colors. You may need to click on the pictures to see it better.
Dennis and I decided to get rocking chairs for our 21st Anniversary. We went by Lowe’s and then ate at Cracker Barrel. We checked out chairs at both of those places as well as a smaller business and ended up with the chairs from Lowe’s. We had a nice morning, eating out and shopping for the chairs and left the kids at home. I spent our actual anniversary chaperoning 8 kids on a beach trip.
on our anniversary ….before I left for the beach
one with the rain bucket and one without but I liked the way Sport and Rosie looked in the first one. Hopefully soon we will get black shutters to match the black chairs and swing.
I did finish my first full week of work. We did a few home visits, I screened a few new kiddos, tackled paperwork-already and got the room ready. I think it looks nice. I took pictures but with my school camera so I will have to send them home and post them next week. I still need to take in the rice and sand for the sensory tables and that’s it. I have 8 kids starting on Monday. 2 new ones and 6 returning ones. Then I will add 4 more when Pre K starts the next week. I am excited and ready for the year to begin.
Two funnies from this week:
“Morsels are not missiles”~ a poster in our lunchroom…made me laugh
Grant said “I could have a girlfriend just like that (and tried to snap)….well if I could snap I guess”
Oh well the sun that was peaking out is gone and I hear the boys stirring. (It is about 11:30am…I guess it is time for them to get up.) My quiet morning is over. Happy Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment