Friday, July 13, 2012

Summer Project #3

I should not be this excited about a pantry, but I am.  When planning our dream house I knew I wanted a HUGE pantry.  Well things get moved, changed etc in the process and my pantry was NOT big enough to cartwheel in but still was a “walk in”.  I also knew I wanted a red screen door with a fork or spoon as a handle.  It took several months to get the door done.  My mom had some OLD silver from her side of the family and we chose an antique fork for the handle.  I LOVE IT.  But still the inside was a plastic shelf you NORMALLY would use in a garage or storage area, and all the food was scattered in different cabinets in the kitchen.

DSC07148

This was in the pantry until we built shelves.

So this summer, I measured and researched and decided exactly what I wanted.  We bought the wood.  Dennis cut it, I stained it and we installed it. 

DSC07149P6270054P6270053P6270055

P7090177P7090178

It is hard to take pictures because of the angles.  I have most of the polish pottery on one side.  Some of the things we canned on the other side.  Snacks on the bottom shelf in the middle for easy access.  There is still plenty of room!  We are still going to add one more thing to the side with the pottery.  I want a section at the bottom with vertical slats to hold things like platters and trays.  At this rate that will be a project for the summer of 2015!  I also want to find a Container Store or look for cool containers to store things in so I have one of those really organized looking pantries on Pinterest-haha

I do LOVE my pantry.  Now onto projects 4 and 5.  I ordered almost 100 prints of the boys sports pictures to work on their sports scrapbooks.  I am about 6 seasons behind.  I also bought a bunch of plants to get started on my flower garden.  After killing 2 snakes, I am not as excited about that project!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the pantry!! Although a see through door makes it so that you have to keep it straight:) Pinterest makes it look all too simple!

    ReplyDelete