Bama Bogg was a 4 day event with ATV races through mud as well as foot races in the mud. Bama Jam Farms recently opened with a water park, ATV trails, camping, fishing and concert stages. We went to the water park and concerts but did not venture into the mud pit to see the races. Kids were too busy at the water park. Friday night we saw KC and the Sunshine Band. It was pretty funny to see “ol” KC trying to dance with his back up singers and “featured” dancers. But the music was good and brought back many memories. (side note: I named my cat KC when I was 10 0r 11) Saturday the boys and I went to the water park and then we all came back later to see The Commodores. They put on a nice show. Sunday, we spent more time at the water park and saw Randy Travis. The boys said he sounded just like Randy Travis: “I mean they way he sounds on the radio”. They did not know many of the other groups songs but knew a few from Dennis and I Jammin in the car when they came on the OLDIES stations! I did not get a good picture of KC and the Sunshine Band. They did not play until 10 pm and with all the lights, the picture did not turn out.
The Commodores
Randy Travis
The water park is made to look like a swimming hole. It has a zip line, rope swing and lots of slides. The water is fresh well water and a bit chilly with a sandy bottom. The kids loved the rope swing. There are plans to add a lazy river, the worlds longest slide and bumper boats I believe.
one of the sets of slides
lit up at night
Lauren and friends on the walk way between the 9ft area and the 4 ft area
Grant on rope swing
Ryan on the rope swing (thought I had pictures of Preston doing back flips off rope but it was some other kid-oops)
We had a fun weekend and just had to travel 15 minutes from our home! I hope they continue the concerts. It was nice to sit and listen to live music while the boys were swimming.
No comments:
Post a Comment