Monday, April 23, 2012

Sweet Sixteen!

I know he is the oldest but it still does not seem right that Preston is already 16!  I am not sure I am ready for the independence that comes with this age!  I am sure He is or THINKS he is.  Preston is a wonderful mixture of self confidence and shyness, part comedian with great compassion, smart but still a little naïve!  He is fun to be around and I am thankful that he still enjoys hanging out at home.  He enjoys all sports, music, and hanging out with friends and family.  He loves to eat and sleep: just like a typical teenager.  His favorite snack is Goldfish, food is probably hamburgers and drink is Dr. Pepper.  He loves Chocolate but not as much has his mom Smile  Right now he has no clue what he wants to be when he grows up.  

We had a birthday party with family and friends Saturday night.  I rented sumo wrestling suits online and they were a huge hit.  The boys wrestled, played basketball in the rain, watched baseball on TV and played video games and pool.  A few spent the night.  We had hamburgers and hot dogs, Cheese dip , Buffalo Chicken dip, lots of chips, cake and ice cream.  Sunday after church, we had the family back over to help eat the left overs and wrestle some more!  I even “wrestled” Nicki!  It was fun but hard to do when you are laughing so hard!  Ryan was our only casualty.  After wrestling many times, he landed on his wrist wrong and thought he heard a pop.  I took him to the ER later and sure enough he has a small buckle fracture below his right wrist.  He has a splint and will get a cast Thursday Sad smile

Here are a few pictures of our fun…more on Facebook.

DSC06982

Preston

DSC06986DSC06989DSC06991DSC07002DSC07005

Drivers License cake and a football with 16 for his age.  I confused EVERYBODY with an “Alabama” looking cake and a different number on a football (Preston was 31 last season and Auburn is blue and orange…Bama is red and white)

DSC07006DSC07011DSC07021

Radio for his truck from Gran and Grandaddy and a gas card from Uncle Frankie and Janet

FYI:  Truck is still not ready

DSC07022

The next day

Ryan and Corbin

DSC07024DSC07034

ME!

DSC07038

Does this make us look fat?

DSC07039DSC07042

Me and Nicki:  We’ve fallen and we can’t get up (we are laughing too hard)

DSC07044DSC07047

The birthday boy again.   We did talk Kenny and Dennis into it but those pics are on the other camera….next post

Happy Birthday Preston….We Love you and are so proud of the young man you are becoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment