We went to Auburn’s A Day game yesterday and had a great time. We took one of Preston’s friends (Jordin) with us. The game was not as exciting at a real game but the boys really wanted to watch how certain new recruits and the QB’s did. Before the game they unveiled new statues of Auburn’s three Heisman winners so we got to see Pat Sullivan, Bo Jackson, and Cam Newton take the field before the game. After the game the players come out on the field for a 45+ minute autograph session. Preston really wanted Philip Lutzenkirchen’s autograph but his line was the longest (over 50 yards). While the boys and Dennis ran around, I stood in Lutzie’s line for over 40 minutes. Right when I got near the front, the boys showed up and took my place. Then the time ran out! BUT he was nice enough to stay and do a few more and we got most of what we wanted signed! Dennis got Coach Gene Chizik’s autograph and the boys got between 20 and 32 other players as well. They had a great time running around the field meeting players.
Right when we got there I went to take a picture and my card was “unreadable”! They did not have a card like mine so I bought a disposable camera (yuck). Dennis managed to clear the internal memory and change the resolution so we could take about 30 pictures with the digital camera. I am guessing Wal Mart still develops disposable cameras…hope so. But here are some from the digital camera.
Before the game
Boys with Cam’s statue and Me and Dennis by Bo’s
Preston knew Lutzenkirchen would not play due to an injury and he spied him right away during warm ups…then he got an award from last season…Offensive player of the year
Cam Newton coming out on the field and then w/ Pat Sullivan and Bo Jackson
Here come the Tigers!
Boys heading onto the field and and below with #62
There were over 43,000 people there and at least half were on the field!
I was way at the end of that line for #43!
Coach Chizik signing Dennis’s poster
The boys at mid-field
After the game
We took the back roads home and went through a town with a statue of a bird dog in the center! Shortly after, we missed a turn and the GPS took us through a horrible HS parking lot to the main road. It was a hoot!
I will post round 2 if the disposable camera has any good pictures. Now we are planning Preston’s 16th birthday party for next weekend! The fun never ends!
No comments:
Post a Comment