Sunday, October 2, 2011

House Update

It has been awhile since I posted pictures of the house.  Quite a bit has been accomplished since the last post and I am anxiously awaiting the front stucco to be finished this week.  Drywall will also start this week.  I have been trying to pick out paint colors.  I have always lived in bland houses and while I am not a “bold color person”, I do want to have lots of different colors in my house.  We have decided on a hardwood for our floors but carpet is giving me the flu…literally! :(  **Had a bout of sickness run through the house and even I missed a day of work.**  If you have ever tried to pick out flooring, you understand!  There are many brand names, then grades in the brand name, then 100s of tan colored carpet to try to decide on.  I do not want anything weird, just a nice tan colored, durable, easy to clean carpet!  Sounds easy right?  NO!  I am really pleased with the front door and will get to take the tape off the windows after the stucco is done.

P9190436 P9190433

P9230448

Do you see the brick that is a different color?  That is a brick we bought in Williamsburg after we watched how they made brick years ago.  We saved it and had it placed in our brick on the back porch.  (thought it was an original idea but the brick man said he had done that many times before!)

P9300489

The back porch looking at the doors to the kitchen

P9190438 P9190437

Insulation has been blown in and the fireplace has been framed.  We will have limestone on the fireplace ( a nod to our 5 yrs in Texas).

P9300490

Putting the Styrofoam on the porch.  It will get covered with “stuff” and then colored “Smoked Putty” and hopefully will look fantastic.  The columns are also up on the front and back.

P9300482 P9300483 P9300484 P9300487

Back steps are almost done.  I wanted a deck but that will have to wait until we can decide on what we want and have more money.

No comments:

Post a Comment