Thursday, March 24, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

March is one  of my favorite times of the year.  Things are beginning to bloom and “green up”, the weather is warmer and it is my birthday –of course.  Birthdays these days don’t mean as much as they used to.  I’d like to skip the aging and just have the cake and presents! :) This year my birthday started in early March with a birthday breakfast (for all March birthdays) at the PS and a little party at the ES (we have a birthday buddy in the SPED group).  The party at the ES was on my last day there.  I am now teaching two classes at the PS only.  My class size grew too big so we had to start an afternoon class…on the the best birthday presents I must say!  On the Sunday before my birthday, my parents cooked me and the boys dinner.  We had wonderful cupcakes and presents!

P3130103

The boys played baseball on my birthday so instead of a ballpark hotdog, we waited and got takeout after the games.  I chose Guthrie’s chicken!  YUM  The boys got it ready for me and surprised me with a candle and the “special plate”.

P3140131

I got lost of Facebook wishes, many cards and even a few little gifts from other friends and family.  The next night we went to the Auburn/Alabama baseball game.  It was held in the Minor League Montgomery Biscuits stadium and was lots of fun. Right when we got there, I saw AUBIE and had to get my picture with him.  None of the boys would join me…you are never too old for a picture with Aubie!

P3150132

BTW: Auburn won 2-1!  On the 18th I went with 18 other ladies from our church to see Anita Renfroe and Mandisa.  It was WONDERFUL!  I laughed until all my makeup was gone and then some.  Anita is so funny…if you haven’t seen her, look her up on you tube!  Mandisa is such a great singer and so wonderful to listen too between songs.  Very Heartfelt.

Dennis got to come home for a visit on the 19th.

boys at airport

Boys trying to see Dennis get off the plane.

  He stayed for a few days and is now in TX.  He will come back here on Sunday and stay for almost a week (working).  Then it is back to Kuwait for another 2-3 weeks.  But THEN…he will be home for GOOD!  Can’t believe his year is almost over.

rosie

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment