Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentine’s Day

My “Valentine” is thousands of miles away but I still had a really nice Valentine’s Day.  I was still suffering with a cold Saturday night when I went to the Valentine dinner at church.  I was afraid I would be a 3rd wheel at a table of 4 so I jokingly brought “Dennis” along (in a picture frame).  The dinner was sponsored by the youth group so Preston and Grant had to serve me :)  We sat at nice long tables and had a great steak dinner by candlelight.  It was very nice.  I did hear from a little birdie in the kitchen that my boys would swap off having to serve me (I served mom’s table last time-it’s your turn)..too funny. 

On Valentine’s Day I had little goodies for the boys and then a crazy little party at school with my preschoolers.  I got a few mugs, some candy and chocolate covered strawberries! from the kids at school.  Dennis sent me a nice long note (by email) that had some wonderful memories and reasons he (still) loves me….awww :)  That night we ordered Pizza and went to an exciting basketball game that we won in the last seconds.  I was still a bit sick but really enjoyed the day.

I stole the “nut” idea from my friend Jennifer… Dennis helped with the “reasons”

 P2140008 P2140009 P2140010

Preston is taking Spanish this year so when I saw these I had to get them.

1 comment: