Well it is Friday and what a week! Dogs got out Monday and we did not get a call about them until Wed. morning…early! They had traveled quite a ways away and had to cross two busy roads! They are still very tired and keep shaking their heads. I need to check their ears and put drops in but I can only get to one dogs ear and then he runs off and they both hide from me! Dennis’s brother and father came to reinforce the escape hole. We’ll see. Then at one of the many practices this week, my car would not start. Got a jump and had to get a new battery today…been driving the “big truck”
Had a pickle making day with my mom on Wednesday and made three different recipes to see which one we like best, then we will make more. Grant loves pickles and has been wanting to make them for years. He was so excited and really a great help until he found out we could not eat them right then! “SIX DAYS!”, He yelled. It was too funny. He kept telling everyone that we had to wait six whole days to eat them. Last night he asked if it had been six days yet and I said no, only one!
Really mss Dennis….I had to get on a ladder to change light bulbs, A/C filters, deal with the dogs/yard, buy and pick up a lawn mower, figure out a way to get the 4 wheeler back from being fixed, meet with the county engineers about the driveway, get a new battery, PLUS all the stuff I normally do! I have put at least 1000 miles on my van this past few weeks. I have been taking the boys to help a cousin at 6 am for a few mornings, then Preston to basketball at 8,9 or 4 depending on the day, then Preston to football, then to baseball usually all in the same day. Grant also has practice several days a week for all stars! I miss Dennis for other things too but mostly when I have to do the yuck work!!! ha-ha Sorry sweetie!
Ryan went to his first camp on Monday and came back Wednesday. He was so excited and then a bit nervous but he had a great time. I knew he would. He is still telling us “camp tales”. Dropped Preston off at camp today and he was a bit nervous too. Hard to get him to pack! But when we got there, he saw a friend and off he went to play basketball. I hope he will have fun too. Always feels like part of me is missing when my kids are gone!
Oh BTW: I guess there was no mouse…set a trap and put a new cover on the dryer vent and no more noises. Hope whatever it was stays away!
No practice tonight and maybe a little swimming this weekend! Plus Father’s day with my dad this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment