Can I say Thank Goodness it was a 4 day week!?
I made it through the first week at my new job. Everyone is so super nice and helpful. Since I was not over lapping the old teacher, they had the sub stay with me for the first 2 days to help me get the lay of the land. That was REALLY helpful, esp. since the teacher’s aide was out my first day. On Tuesday, there was so much info thrown at me and so many ideas bouncing around in my head that I had a headache that would not quit. I ended up taking 5 200mg advil and one 800mg motrin throughout the day and finally just went to bed. The next day was much better and I was ready to go it alone. The classes are great but very different. I have 3-4 yr olds in the morning at one school and 4-6th graders in the afternoon at the other school. They are only about a mile and half apart but on post you have to drive 20-30 miles an hour so it takes me about 5-7 minutes from one to the next…not bad. The kids all come at different times and on different days AND EVERY Wednesday is an early dismissal day with a different time schedule at both schools…. see what I mean about information overload!
The kids in the morning are great…a wide variety of “learning abilities” The older kids try my patience but once I know what I am doing and get a routine going, they will fall in line. I went through all my stuff and have it ready to drag to school on Monday. The Preschool room is a mess, file cabinets, office area, closet etc and I have very little time to just straighten up. the other room is empty and boring. I spent part of the weekend looking for stuff to hang on walls to liven it up.
I have pictures on may desk and found the few of my “old team” in Maryland that will be added Monday. Still miss everyone there…especially work a holic Chris, idea and miss organization Jen …really need you here to help whip this place into shape. I will be sure to keep you posted on how next week goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment