Sunday, February 14, 2010

Blizzard of 2010

Well by Alabama standards it was a blizzard.  It snowed all day.  Beautiful fluffy white flakes and heavy at times.  I thought when I left Maryland I would never see them again!  But we had close to 4 inches and the state went wild.  Everybody, every age, made snowmen and went sledding on everything imaginable…(you have to get creative in a state that rarely sees the white stuff).  You do appreciate it more when you rarely get it.  We even have a little left outside right now, 3 days later!

We started the day digging out our snow gear and then I realized I gave mine away….it was almost 15 years old and had seen better days.  I had to wear Preston’s old coat!  Dennis and I were the first ones out.  I made the date in the snow, and we started making a snowman.  The snow was PERFECT…easiest snowmen I have ever made.  Then the kids came out and we started the snow ball fights!  A friend came over with sleds and the “boys” started sledding in the slope-y yards.  Later we went over to my parent’s house to build more snowmen, sled, ride 4 wheelers and look for letters in the trees (Thanks Jen!)  I found all the letters of my last name and my parents last name and will have to figure out a way to frame them nicely.  It was fun and rather addicting.  As we were eating later, Grant and Ryan both said, “Hey Mom, there’s an O” and  a “V”.  We had a great day in the snow.

P2120020

P2120019 

our house Friday Morning and the year above

No comments:

Post a Comment