Last Friday the girls I work with had a going away party for us. I have had so much fun at work the last 3 years and it is all because of these great ladies: Jennifer, the organizer with a great laugh, Chris, the worker with a wicked sense of humor, and Bree, the drama queen, who always had a story and kept life interesting for us boring married girls. We laughed so much people would come in to see what was going on in our classroom. Work and especially lunch will never be as fun. Jennifer and Chris brought their husbands: JR and Keith. Bree brought her children Colton and Camden. Bree's mother Karen was also there. She is one of the secretaries at school and ate lunch with us daily. They hosted the party at my neighbor and fellow teacher's house... Carey and Scott and their children have become my second family! I could not have done it without them and it would not have been as much fun. Our kids are best friends and we are too.
The kids played and swam while we did what we do best, eat, talk and laugh! Jennifer designed a beautiful and touching cake. Carey made a photo collage of all the fun things our families have done in the last four years. It was neat to see how much the kids have changed and grown.
Jennifer, Bree and Chris got us a tub full of Maryland goodies....a crab bowl and mug, a puzzle, The ABCs of Maryland and the ABCs of Alabama children's books as well as a very neat necklace that has charms inside a glass pendant.....one says Army Wife, Special Teacher, My Boys and of course a crab! JR, who is a DC fireman had a special gift for Dennis- although it was not a surprise. Dennis has been asking....begging... for a real fire hat for months. (SEE PICTURES BELOW). It was a great night and I hated to see it end. We all have such a great time together and should have done this more often. I did not cry b/c I will see them all one more time for Chris's birthday lunch...then we will all boo hoo in public...not the best plan!
THANKS CHRIS, BREE, JENNIFER AND CAREY FOR A GREAT PARTY AND FOR BEING GREAT FRIENDS! I WILL MISS YOU MORE THAN YOU KNOW. I am soooo jealous that they will carry on without me :(
How to Move in the Classroom
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment