Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 4th weekend

Dennis's brother Kenny and his family came to visit for the holiday weekend. The boys played so hard that they slept until 1pm on the day they left! They played ball, swam, played Wii, Ping pong, and some loud game in the basement called "war"....I did not ask but did end the game after 2 kids got hurt :) We all went to Mount Vernon. On Friday night, the boys all went to the Braves/Nationals game. Dennis had 6 free tickets! It was Corbin and Caleb's first major league game and Corbin got a ball from batting practice. Dennis got one too and was just as thrilled as Corbin! The girls went to the mall for shopping, Pizza and chocolate. Lauren had her build a bear fixed while I bought her another one. I LOVE that place. Wish I had thought of it first though. Autumn LOVES Dora so we headed to Target to find a "backpack" toy. We found the very LAST ONE! When we got back, we all made and decorated cupcakes for Independence Day! Lauren frosted, Autumn shook sprinkles and Nicki and I added blueberries, Strawberries and fresh Cherries! It was a fun team effort!
We watched the fireworks at Bolling AFB and this year they had entertainment. Autumn is infatuated w/ airplanes and did not need the jazz singers to keep her happy. We heard "plane!!!" many, many times. The other kids threw a football and played with glow sticks. It was a nice night. Later I read "The very Hungry Caterpillar" a million times while Autumn said "pop" on the page where "the sun comes up and pop, out comes a very tiny and very hungry caterpillar". Only the poor thing now things that the sun is called "POP" oh well :)
The visit was nice but TOO short. Lauren is always in tears when they leave. At least I could tell her this time that in a month she can see us whenever she wants and it will not take 14 hours!
Dennis was off on Monday too, so we took the boat out and had a picnic on the bank of the Potomac where we found a ton of shark's teeth! We tried to fish but Dennis was the only one that caught a fish....nice catfish. The weather was wonderful and we all had a good time.
Hope you all had a nice holiday weekend as well.
Now the real work begins as we now have only 3 weeks until the packers come and a month until we move!

No comments:

Post a Comment