Saturday, May 3, 2014

The beginning of the end

Preston’s senior year is almost over.  We have had his last homecoming, football game, and basketball game.  In the last month, we have started having senior parent meetings, had baseball senior night, the last baseball game ( in the playoffs), Senior recognition day at church and his senior prom!  I have made it through these events with very few tears.  Probably because I have been so busy and partly because I know that his is an exciting time for him.  It is the end of high school but the beginning of a whole new chapter in his life. We are so proud of all his accomplishments in high school both in school and in sports.  He was just named Salutatorian of his senior class!  We has received one $1000 scholarship already and we have not heard from others.  Senior awards day and Baccalaureate are the next big senior events. 

Senior night for baseball:

DSCF3265

DSCF3291

Seniors with head coach

We made it to the playoffs in dramatic fashion.  We played Luverne and we won the first game and then lost the 2nd game.  In the third game, we were behind 0-6 and came back to tie the game.  It was very exciting but we lost 7-9.  It was a fun season and the boys played well.

Senior Prom:

DSCF3572DSCF3631

The boys

DSCF3580

DSCF3606

Reagan and Preston

DSCF3590

1378108_10201740274580454_1430103635345083850_n[1]Se

at the Prom during Senior lead out (each senior and date is announced before the official start of the prom).

Senior recognition day at church:

DSCF3691

We had 6 seniors to recognize.  At our church you get to “roast” the senior or speak about them.  I got to speak about both Jordin and Preston.  I have been saving little funny stories for years and had plenty of stories to share about Preston!  It was fun and something we have talked about since he was little!  If you want to read what I said about Preston, let me know and I will send it to you.  Cant figure out how to attach a document here.

DSCF3696DSCF3698DSCF3701

DSCF3703DSCF3707

The graduates get a meal and have a table set up for gifts and cards (with $$$).

This was a long post so I will add a post with more prom pictures.  AND I ALMOST FORGOT…in the middle of all these events, Preston turned 18!  It has been a very busy time for us with more to come. This summer is looking crazy already!

No comments:

Post a Comment