Thursday, July 11, 2013

Summer Projects

I am a list person and I always have a summer project list.  Many times that summer list turns into the Fall Break list and then the Spring Break list and then guess what?  It ends up as the Summer list AGAIN!  I get some stuff done but then I find other projects (not on the list) or I read, sleep, lay by the pool etc.  Here are a few things we accomplished so far this summer.  I (of course) have more on my list and only a few weeks left to do them!

P6020105

Ryan and Dennis “harvested” some honey.  Ryan did not want his picture made and this is the best one!

P6040107

Ryan loves the little umbrellas and made a wreath of them, following a post on Pinterest! of course I just noticed that this picture was taken when he was taking a “texting” break!

P6040109

P6040110

Not the container I wanted but I have been wanting to add these to my bookshelf between the LR and DR.  It (sorta) matches the “inspiration” picture I kept for years and used when building the house. (not real but nice looking geraniums)

DSCF0159DSCF0160

Saw this idea for displaying foreign coins and I made one with the paper money too.  Not as easy as it looked but still a quick project.  

DSCF0161

I added them around a tray I made years ago with mementos of places we went when we lived in Europe. The tray hangs on a picture rack so you can take it down and use it.  It is just a picture frame with maps, tickets etc. placed under the plastic or glass and then I added cabinet handles and felt on back.  Easy!

I also am up to date on the boys newspaper clipping scrapbooks.  I had newspapers from November for P and G and a few things for R from his play.  Ryan made several newspaper balls from all the extra papers once I cut out the articles and pictures I needed.  I am also almost ready to take “after” pictures of my porches.  Still not completely done but close enough for pictures.  That will have to be another post because we seem to live in the rain forest right now!  Almost 7 inches of rain in the last week to 10 days.  Rains almost everyday and some days it rains all day long.  I think I can count on my 2 hands the number of sunny days we have has since I have been out of school!  BUMMER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment