Sunday, July 28, 2013

Summer Highlights

Although I have jokingly said this was a bummer summer, we did have a few fun momentsSmile  Dennis “gently reminds” me that I am lucky to have this long of a summer vacation.  I “gently remind” him that he COULD have been a teacher and had summers off too!  The weather was the main bummer.  It has rained almost every day this summer.  It rained 95% of the time on our mini vacation to St George Island and by rain I mean FLOOD. (see a previous post).  I think we just had two full days with no rain last week!  CRAZY!

Ryan’s all star team got to be Biscuit Buddies for a Montgomery Biscuits (minor league) baseball game.  They were each announced and got to run onto the field where they stood with the players for the National Anthem.  They were given balls for the players to sign.  We had great seats behind home plate and Ryan even caught a t shirt from the t shirt cannon.

DSCF0410

Ryan is wearing black shorts

DSCF0413DSCF0421DSCF0429DSCF0434

I have enjoyed watching my hummingbirds this summer.  I have seen as many as 8 at a time!  The picture below shows 5.  One day when they were out of food a hummingbird ran into the windows of the french doors to let me know!  ( I am sure of it)

DSCF0442DSCF0486

Preston has SENIOR pictures during football program picture day!  They take a group picture of all the seniors for the football program.

DSCF0467

The boys were fine but the girls were in a tizzy because it was thundering, windy and about to pour more rain!!  and it DID! soon after.

DSCF0448DSCF0453DSCF0455

Preston had to pose for several pictures because he was picked as one of the Elite 11 players in the area to watch this season!

My mom, Ryan and I went to a wildlife “zoo” in the boonies near here to see the baby lion, Thor.  We also saw cougars, tigers, bears, a camel, goats and much much more.

DSCF0507

The bears waiting for marshmallows

DSCF0492DSCF0504

Tigers getting raw chicken

DSCF0538DSCF0550DSCF0551

Thor is 4 months old and harder to hold.  We waited too long to go but they will have a baby tiger soon and that is MY dream!  I will definitely get there when I can hold and feed the baby tiger!

DSCF0561DSCF0565

We also got to feed some of the animals sweet potatoes!

IMG_0207

While most of our summer days looked like this  (above) and had us dodging thunderstorms, we did get to relax, sleep and read A LOT!  I think I read about 15 books this summer!  Hopefully August will be sunnier and I can get to the pool or beach a few more times!

No comments:

Post a Comment