I make a memory calendar each Christmas and we hardly ever have good pictures from January and February. I was determined that this year we would take more but it is halfway through February and we just don’t slow down. I have plenty of pictures of basketball games (6 a week some weeks) since that takes up most of our time. We are hardly ever all together and looking decent. Dennis and the boys have been working on putting a fence around some pasture land so he can bring his cows closer to home. He has a hard time getting the boys all together to help because they are so busy. I spend most of the weekends catching up on the laundry and house work. I am going to stop right here to fold clothes and start another load….
Basketball is over and baseball starts TUESDAY! Our varsity basketball team made it to the regional playoffs. We drove 3 + hours last night to play the team ranked 2nd in the state. We lost by 11 but I do think we could have beaten them on a better day.
Preston and Grant on the court together in the area tournament
Grant
Preston
Blurry…2nd place in area tournament
Warm ups before regional game
Grant played B-Team but moved up to varsity after the B team season so he got to go to the playoff game but only played a tiny bit at the end. Preston played all but about 20 seconds of the game. Proud of the season they both had.
At the NBHS fall sports banquet Preston and Grant both got certificates for playing on the varsity team. Preston also got 2 individual awards: Best Wide Receiver (16 catches for close to 200 yds) and Best Defensive Back! Awards for both defense and offense…only one to get both.
forgot to get a picture of them all dressed up. We almost forgot about the banquet and had to call grandparents and get ready quickly
With some friends and with all who received football awards
With his certificate and 2 awards!
Preston will be a senior next year! If that does not make you feel old, these next pictures WILL!
Ryan has very dark hair and has had a “mustache” for quite awhile. It has gotten to the point where he wanted it off so he SHAVED!!!
Look closely…
Poor Ryan…he is the youngest so it became and family event! They crack me up on a daily basis.
Valentine’s Day I cooked a nice dinner but Ryan was at play practice so it was just Me, Dennis, Preston and Grant. Preston said something “boyish” at the table and I commented that I bet dinner time would be very different if we had all girls. Grant did not miss and beat and turned to Preston and tapped him on the arm, they pretended to speak like girls and giggle with their hands over their mouths! One of those “you had to be there moments” but too funny not to share. I had tears in my eyes laughing. LOVE my boys with or without table manners. They are still works in progress!
Spring is just around the corner. Dennis’s Uncle William has baby lambs and I thought we would go and hold one for a family picture…not! They were too big to catch and the mamas and daddy were very protective. They were cute though.
We also celebrated Dennis’s mom’s birthday in January.
We have the rest of February to try to take a few good family pictures…we’ll see. We will be all bundled up for baseball games now. Who starts baseball in FEBRUARY???
No comments:
Post a Comment