Sunday, December 18, 2011

The FINAL Push

We are in the final stages of house building!! YIPPEE.  We have a few people coming this week to finish up (I Hope) and we will have our closing on the 23rd.  We have already started moving things over and will really get busy today (Sunday) and the next few days.  I should have titled this blog CRAZY IN ALABAMA, because that is what I should be.  I have been working full time and  going to basketball games and practices three nights a week.  We still do not have a Christmas tree up, we have not taken our picture for our Christmas (now maybe NEW YEAR) cards and I have not finished shopping.  I live in a small town without great stores and the ones here close by 5 or 6 each night.  We missed our Sunday School Christmas party putting up shelves in closets.  Dennis’s dad is in the hospital in Birmingham and we spent 2 1/2 days last week there.  UPDATE on him:  He had half his stomach removed to get rid of a small tumor.  They think they have it all but we are waiting on pathology reports.  He was in a lot of pain and having heart rate problems but is much better.  He still has not had anything to eat or drink and they want him worked up to solid foods before he leaves sometime this week.  Thank you for your prayers.  The surgery went great.  Now we just have to pray for a great recovery with no problems and that they are home by Christmas Eve.  They celebrated their 45th wedding anniversary yesterday in a hospital room!  It was probably not the ideal place but you could see the love as they worried about each other (Sandra was sick-probably from nerves and lack of sleep- one day while we were there).  There are always blessings in everything and while we have not put up our own Christmas tree, we have helped both sets of parents with theirs.  Dennis’s mom was not going to put up a tree due to the surgery but we (sort of) made her and went over to help.  My brother and his girlfriend arrived just in time to decorate my parents tree and we all were there to “help”.  I cannot remember that last time my brother and I were there to decorate a family Christmas tree together.  It would have been a bit more Norman Rockwell-ish  if we were not decorating in a hurry because it was almost midnight: a delay caused by Christmas tree lights-what else!  I told them we were all going to do it again in a few days at our new house.  My poor kitty is trying to get me to play with her as I type this (bringing me toys, biting my leg)….have not been here much to play lately.  I hope both she and the dogs adjust to the new house.  Dennis has finally realized that THIS is our HOME….our FINAL move and house!!  Don’t know why it just dawned on him but…. we are all a bit preoccupied and CRAZY IN ALABAMA!!! 
Here is what you have been waiting for……NEW PICTURES!!!
PC100926
LIGHTS are finished!
PC100928
This is the built in entertainment center without the doors (they are in now)
PC170974
The 99% finished kitchen!!! Yeah!!
PC170976
PC170978
A far cry from Military movers!  We have NEVER moved ourselves!
PC170979
First of MANY loads like this.
PC170977
An EMPTY closet!!!! in the “old” house
I will take more pictures in the next few days!  Maybe of our Christmas tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment