I was not sure what to title this blog but I felt the need to write it today. Ryan, my baby, just turned 10-double digits. Grant is going to be a teenager next month. They are growing and maturing so fast. But the one I want to “blog” about today is Preston. With Dennis gone, Preston has stepped into the role as man of the house! He has set mouse traps for me (no mice I guess), helps keep the grass cut, killed 2 (small) snakes, and carries heavy things for me :). He loaded and unloaded the tables and chairs for Ryan’s party and he took all the trash to the large can by the road and helped get the big stuff into the dumpster.
He has been a huge help to me. He has done all this while playing baseball and then football for both JV and Varsity, going to church and getting his school work done! Today he drove Dennis’s truck for the first time! (just down the long driveway). He also helps his grandfather with his chicken houses and helps my mom with whatever she needs. He is growing up way to fast but I am so proud of they way he is maturing. I am sure the “terrible teenage” fights are coming but right now I would not be able to make it without him! Thanks Preston…I LOVE YOU!
Of course I can’t let him get a big head….
That’s him laying on the sidelines with cramps during a JV game :)
:) :) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment