Saturday, March 20, 2010

Too Busy to Blog

For the past 2 weekends I have only been home about 2 hours (that I wasn’t sleeping)!  Two weeks ago, I went on a girls only trip to New Orleans to celebrate our birthdays.  My friend, Gina lives near and works in New Orleans and her birthday is March 6th.  My friend Sherry, lives in Georgia and her birthday is March 8th.  My birthday is March 14th and we brought along our July birthday friend Ruthann for kicks (haha!)  We stayed with Gina and ventured in and out of NOLA and the surrounding areas.  We had a GREAT time!  Much talking, a “bit” of wine, chocolate and snacks, no kids or husbands, no schedule…..It was a real getaway!  We all seemed to really need it at this point in our lives and hope to make it an annual adventure. 

My week at school had been hectic and I had been going non-stop since I started.  It is much better now as I am getting a hang of the new computer system (taught myself) and all the craziness of two schools and multiple age groups.  We just had a teacher workday and I got to clean out and organize my closet (Jen-you know how those can get-this one was worse!)  It is very sad that I was so excited to go to work just to clean out a closet!  I should have taken a before picture of the closet (and room).  I am really having to clean and organize. 

Last weekend, Preston was in a baseball tournament that lasted 10 hours!  They finished 3rd and he played well.   He has pretty much taken over the starting catcher’s job!  he had an AMAZING diving catch when a guy bunted the ball straight into the air. He ended up (with the ball) landing flat on his stomach!  Like a bad belly flop!  The other boys had gone to a birthday party and then ended up staying with their cousins the rest of the day until we were out of the tournament so I was not at home at all that day.

The next day was my birthday.  I am 35 again -go figure!  I was saying 25 until some “friend” pointed out that knowing how old my children were that would not be good:(  I had a great day.  Dennis fixed me a quick breakfast with a candle and they all sang.  Everyone at church wished me a happy birthday and then we went to my parent’s house for BBQ ribs!  AND Brownie ice cream sundaes!  I had a great 2 weeks of birthday celebrations.  Here are a few pictures…..

m mardi gras

At Gina’s….in her art studio

Picture 037

Our Birthday Cake

Picture 025

Tree with Mardi Gras beads…looked cooler in person

Picture 033

Shopping in the French Quarter and on Magazine Street!

street band

A street band….the only picture I will post of our night on Bourbon Street haha

Picture 014

Preston in his baseball uniform

No comments:

Post a Comment