Thursday, December 10, 2009

“O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree”

I have never heard of a TREE TOUR but I liked the idea so I am copying my friend and letting you “tour” our tree.  We had to decorate quickly one Saturday morning and the kids were really into it but it was like they were 2 yrs old again….all the ornaments were right in front!  I had to rearrange some and really need to do more. It was also the first time we have decorated on hard wood floors.  After the 2nd ornament broke, I got a huge soft blanket and put it around the tree to break the fall!  The boys each have a box of ornaments they made in school, and ornaments we have collected the past years.  They were so cute looking in their boxes and talking about each one!  Really made me feel like a great mom for doing that all these years.  I heard a line on a comedy show last week that stuck with me.  The mom said, “you know, as a mom you are only as happy as your saddest kid”  Which was meant to be funny but is so true.  Luckily all my boys were happy and still love decorating the tree.  It was a memory I hope I will always remember.  So here are a few pictures we took that morning as well as our Tree Tour.  I do not have a finished picture of the tree b/c Dennis needs to cut the top branch and move our star down….it is way over the top of the tree and looks silly!  Hope you enjoyed decorating your trees too.

PC050002 PC050001

Looking through their boxes and sharing memories!

PC050012 PC050010

Decorating the tree

PC050003

Had to get Dennis in a picture

No comments:

Post a Comment