Monday, December 14, 2009

Church Christmas Programs

I helped put together the children’s program at our church.  We were a little late getting started and the program we ordered took a while to get here so I was a bit stressed about the kids learning the songs and motions etc. in time.  We put the words on a power point so they could read them and had the parts done by puppets so the “puppeteers” could just read and not have to memorize.  We also cut out some motions and 2 whole songs.  The kids had only practiced with the CD that has the children singing already on it but that night they did it with just the accompaniment CD AND….they did great!! I was so impressed and so was everyone else!  We had a large group of kids aged 3-12.  I am glad it is over but it was fun and I was very proud of them all.  Ryan and Grant both had puppet parts and sang the songs.  It was called A STRANGER IN THE MANGER and had some really cute songs. 

The Group before….Picture 098 Picture 099

Me, getting them in place

 

Picture 103

And our BIG finish…it was kind of like the 12 days of Christmas…they held up the words for each one…”the shepherds were frightened, Mary was smiling , Joseph was thankful”….etc.

 

Preston participated with the youth group.  They did some Christmas songs with a hip/hop type flare.  They did good but (like teenagers) did not sing loud or want to do movements so it was a bit dull.

Picture 106

Preston (far right)

Picture 108

Cool Light a Candle song…can’t see Preston in this one

Picture 112

Preston with candle raised

No comments:

Post a Comment