Thursday, October 22, 2009

Special Plates all around!

We have a tradition in our house that was started long ago. Before the kids were born, I bought red plates that say "YOU ARE SPECIAL TODAY". I am sure I read about it in a magazine or heard about it from a friend but I decided to buy the plates when we lived in Germany to use with our future children. I even had the foresight to buy THREE. Whenever someone does something good, has a special event or birthday, they get the Special Plate. It has become so well known in our family that my mother asked last month if Dennis got the Special Plate on his birthday (he sure did!). The kids will even remind me..."You should get the Special Plate for that" or "Shouldn't Grant get the Special Plate tonight?" I like to surprise them at times too. They will have to ask, Who gets the Special Plate? or Why do I get the Special Plate? Just this week I gave the Special Plate to Preston because his basketball team won a game. It was especailly exciting because his football team did not win any games so this was his first win as a New Brockton Gamecock! When we moved, they all got the plate one night. I explained how good they had been with the move and all our moving from house to house to hotel, starting a new school right away etc.
Well today was report card day and I was a bit worried because we are in a new school, new state etc. Ryan and Grant got ALL As....Preston got all As and one B. Preston also had to get a tooth pulled today and was a champ about it.I might not be here tonight when they get back from football practice and eat but I will leave three Special Plates on the table! Good Job Boys! We are so Proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment