Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

We finally had time to carve pumpkins but we had to get them first.  We normally go to a pumpkin patch or nice roadside stand and take pictures.  This year when I looked around, I could not find any pumpkins.  In Maryland there were at least 10 pumpkin stands that i drove past weekly, plus many pumpkin patches nearby.  A few weeks ago we did go to a corn maze but they only had a few little pumpkins.  Then time ran out and we were scrambling to find any pumpkins.  I finally saw a truck with a few at a gas station!  We picked out 3 nice sized pumpkins and the boys were happy. I think they are tired of all the picture moments and loved going to the gas stati on to get them in 5  minutes without a camera!  Anyway, problem solved, we started carving.  Now that the boys are older, they need less help.  I pretty much just stand around taking pictures, ready to take action if they cut themselves.  They did a great job.  Next year I will get my own so that I get to do something!

Picture 186Getting started

Picture 191Gotta have a GUTS picture

  GrantPicture 187

Picture 185 

Preston needed no help at all

Picture 196

Ryan working on the face

Picture 210

The finished Jack o lanternsPicture 211

No comments:

Post a Comment