Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Preston's first game

The good news is Preston played in his first game as a New Brockton Gamecock. When they announced his name in the line up my dad said, "I've waited along time to hear that". Both sets of grandparents were there even though both grandmothers are sick. The bad news is- they lost big time...32-0! I had expected a bit of confusion b/c of the way the practices are run but the boys looked scared and unprepared. Except for Preston of course Haha. He only played on one kick off but helped make the tackle! He is new and earning his stripes but I hope he will play more next week and that the team will be better prepared. It was fun watching him play in a stadium where Dennis has played and I have cheered. It was an away game and next week is too. Our first home game will be really exciting. He seemed to enjoy the atmosphere but was bummed at how bad everyone played. Next week will be better-I hope. Next games are: Varsity Friday night, Preston Monday night and Ryan and Grant next Saturday. Will keep you posted!
On the home front: the van and 4 wheeler are now in the garage. Dennis and I laboured hard on Labor Day and bought 3 new shelves and organized the garage. It is packed! Not only does the weight bench have to be in there but all the stuff from our attic, shed and other garage! Once I get all the garage sale stuff out I will take pictures of the inside and outside of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment