Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day weekend

Happy Mother's Day to all you hard working mother's out there. We had a nice relaxing weekend with no baseball or rain! We have gotten over 3 inches this week and have not played at all. Saturday was gorgeous. We went to the American Market at the National Harbor. They have vendors selling flowers, vegetables and crafts. Not as many as I thought but it was nice. I also wanted to see the statue The Awakening. It has been in the DC area for years and was moved to the National Harbor. It is really cool. It looks like a giant man coming up out of the sand. The boys had a great time climbing on it. The National Harbor is made up of several hotels, restaurants and clubs with more opening each month. They have sunset concerts and other events as well. Some of the teachers went to a cool piano bar one night. The new Gaylord hotel and conference center is really nice. I like hotels so you know I had to check it out. Really nice location right on the Potomac. We also had great gelato! Then we went to Andrews for haircuts...normally a harrowing experience but this time went well. When we got back I went with my friend Carey to get our toes done.....finally!
Sunday Morning Ryan made heart shaped pancakes for me and I got the Special Plate :) Dennis was his sous chef but Ryan does really well in the kitchen. He had also decorated the kitchen and set out all my Mother's Day cards and gifts. Ryan and Grant still make cards and gifts in school but they also got me a nice card and CD from the 3 of them. After church I had one of the best meals ever at Carrabas...with enough left over so I did not have to cook tonight. I read my book outside and played games with the boys (Dennis jetted off to Dallas for the night later in the afternoon). I did have to do some laundry but all in all it was a great weekend. I hope all mother's had a great one too.
Please pray for my friend and colleague Gabby, who's daughter is gravely ill and needed a liver transplant on Friday. She is in the 2nd grade at our school.

No comments:

Post a Comment