Tuesday, January 16, 2024

A New Normal?

 Welcome back to my family blog. It’s been a few years and I missed it. I am hoping this will help keep everyone informed of our latest journey. 

Last September, I had a kidney stone, infection and surgery. I was in the hospital for 4 days. During that time, Dennis had a spider bite that started getting red and painful. I told him to go downstairs to the ER. They cleaned it and gave him medicine. Then his BP shot up and the nurses and I told him to go back down. They did a CT scan due to the high BP. The CT of his head was fine but they found the mass in his neck (under his left jawbone).  

He had a biopsy which showed that the tumor is cancerous. As I type this, we are headed back to UAB to meet the ENT oncologist surgeon. We also have a “survivorship” appointment. The sound of that one is ominous. The temperature has dropped 30 degrees and the roads have been pretreated for potential icing!!  Tomorrow the HIGH is in the 20s!  Praying for safe travels and that the weather does not affect our appointments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment