Saturday, February 21, 2015

A nice weekend (in January!)

It may sound strange but one of the best weekends in January was the weekend of Dennis's Aunt Faye's funeral.  She was a great woman and had fought a long battle with Alzheimer's.  When we first moved to New Brockton, long before I dated Dennis, she was my bus driver!  We had a pretty rough route and she was very strict.  Several years later she became "my aunt" and I learned how much she loved her family and church.  She will be missed but I am sure she is much happier now in Heaven!!  
We saw so many friends and family at the visitation and the funeral was a wonderfully sweet celebration of her life.  Dennis did a great job speaking as did Alexa, her granddaughter who shared some memories of the grandchildren.  We also got to visit with an old pastor, Bro. Sam.
After the visitation, I went to dinner with friends, some I had not seen in awhile, and two sweet girls.  We had such a fun time that we went back to my house for fun dip and fingernail painting!  Yes FUN DIP...we are a WILD bunch.  We did have two pastors' wives with us!!!
Fun with Fun Dip!!
Emily Grace feeding Swaggy

Ansley fed him too.  So sweet

Then it was time to paint our nails.   Kelly and I only have boys so this was a treat for us.  We also found out that we needed a little more practice!!


I glittered my nails too and boy is that stuff hard to get off!!

At the time I wanted to do this blog there were several other things I wanted to share.  I had even "written" it in my head and now that it is only a month later I cannot remember what else I wanted to say.  I guess I can just say that....It was a really nice weekend with old and new friends and family.  We miss you Aunt Faye.


No comments:

Post a Comment