Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Busy June

Wow..we are off and running this summer but a few things have started to fall into place.  The day after we all finished school, we went to Maryland to work on our rental house and to see some friends.  Even though we cleaned for several days, we managed to have some fun too.  We have new renters that moved in after we cleaned!

We had some fun by the pool and a nice dinner with my former co workers (and friends) with their husbands too.

IMG_0516

Chris, Me, Jennifer and Bree (pregnant-again!)  Boy do I miss them!

IMG_0551

I think it was Matt’s idea that we re-create a picture. So we found this one from Spring or Summer 2006 we think and re-posed the kids to look like the old picture.  I think it turned out really well!  Look how much they have changed.  We were there for Matt’s 17th birthday as well.

IMG_0553

IMG_0533

We are so lucky to have been able to stay with our great friends, Scott and Carey!  They are so fun and easy to be around.  Wish we lived closer.  I cried when I got there and when I left!!

IMG_0613

Who knew you could have so much fun with an old Atlas.  We may be the only people to still have one.

The drive up and back was great with FOUR drivers!

IMG_0505IMG_0506

Ryan begged and pleaded and got the Atlas out to show where he wanted to go and how it was “on our way home”.  So we gave in and stopped at two sites where THE WALKING DEAD is filmed in Georgia.  One place was in a questionable section of Atlanta and one was in a cute little town SW of Atlanta.  I would like to go back to Senoia.

IMG_0615IMG_0616IMG_0617IMG_0620IMG_0623IMG_0638

IMG_0643IMG_0647

After getting back home we had to get Ryan ready to leave for Europe!  I will blog about that later. 

IMG_0650IMG_0651IMG_0653IMG_0663

With his group, ready to head to Atlanta to meet the other groups at the airport.  He has had an excellent trip so far and has talked about not coming home, moving there one day or studying abroad.  We will do a joint blog when he gets back….FRIDAY!!!

We also took Preston to Camp War Eagle, a two day college orientation for freshman and parents.  We were busy non stop for two days.  Luckily for us, it rained out the pep rally one night which gave us 15 minutes to get Preston a place to live!  I was bummed about the pep rally but oh so happy we found a nice place (nicer than home) for him to live!  He now has his ID card, his athletic event card, a place to live and a college schedule!!  There was a lot of information thrown at us but we all enjoyed it.  It was well run and organized, which I like!

IMG_0757

some of the stuff we gathered, bought and were given!

IMG_0758

I am ready!! 

We still have a few more days left of June…wonder what we can cram in!  Maybe a beach day!

No comments:

Post a Comment