Thursday, September 19, 2013

Happy Birthday Ryan

We are now officially outnumbered by TEENAGERS!  Ryan is finally 13!  No more jokes from his brothers and their friends!  His birthday was yesterday so he had Krispy Kreme Donuts for breakfast. He wore a hat because I drug him out of bed so I could sing to him before I left for work!

DSCF0869

Wednesday night was a church night so we had his birthday dinner tonight.  He wanted chicken and yellow rice with peas.  We had thick, warm, gooey brownies with ice cream for dessert.  In between he opened his 13 presents. I started this tradition with Preston and am kinda glad it is over…it is hard to come up with 13 presents!

DSCF0871DSCF0890

Before………………………….&….After (minus the tennis racket and cross bow)

DSCF0874

A PG 13 Movie (one of the boys jokes that he was not old enough to watch a PG 13 movie)

DSCF0875

Faves like:  bubble wrap that he is allowed to pop, hot sauce (of course), pickles, Reece's pieces etc. 

DSCF0878

DSCF0880

A “Si tea cup” from Duck Dynasty

DSCF0881

He wanted a tennis racket because he said it was one sports thing that we did not have…almost broke a window tonight already!!

DSCF0883

His favorite surprise (I think)… a real Cross Bow!  He said, “Is it REAL?”  and Grant (who will be 16 in less than a month) said, “if he got a real cross bow I better get a vehicle!”

DSCF0889DSCF0886

Hoodie he wanted from Gran and Grandaddy.

It was a nice night and he will get to celebrate again on Saturday.  He planned an outside party but it looks like it might rain so we will see.  First “boy/girl” party we have ever had (not counting neighbors and family).  Should be loud  fun!

So Happy Birthday my “young son”!  You keep us very busy and learning new things (bees, band, acting,  baby chicks—got them yesterday!).  You make us laugh and drive us crazy!  Your love of learning and experiencing life is contagious!  I can’t wait to see what you accomplish in the next 13 years!  We love you very much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment