Not so much. Kept thinking I had nothing exciting to “blog” about in the month of May. However, looking back it was pretty eventful. Dennis was gone for Mother’s Day so we spent the day with my mom and my brother who was here for a short visit. He got ENGAGED in the month of May and will get married next May! We are all very excited and Love Janet. We also celebrated his birthday while he was here. Preston and Grant had their Spring Sports banquet where Grant received certificates for playing Varsity basketball and JV and Varsity Baseball. Preston received the co-MVP award for baseball, the Baseball Player of the year from The Southeast Sun (newspaper) and certificates for playing varsity baseball and basketball.
They ALL played in the spring football game. Ryan played JV and Preston and Grant played varsity. They all played well. Ryan had a few tackles, Grant tipped a ball so that a teammate could intercept and Preston had several catches. He also picked up the ball on a botched play and advanced it about 20 yrds. When he was tackled at the end of the play he landed on his arm funny and played the rest of the game with one good arm. He still managed to make a tackle and a few catches. After the game we headed to the ER for the 2nd time that month. I took Ryan a few weeks earlier because he had a sprained finger and knuckle that just did not get better. It was not broken but they told us Preston’s was. He spent a few days in a sling and half cast before we could get in to see the Orthopedic doctor who said it was not broken and took away the cast and sling! Preston was pretty happy.
At awards day the boys racked up the awards! All were scholar students and received certificates for all As. Preston had the highest average in History and in the entire 11th grade. He also received a certificate for being a school ambassador. Ryan had the highest average in English. He was also recognized for the Duke TIP talent search (where he was invited to take the ACT in 7th grade).
Ryan has been playing rec league baseball and has been knocking the cover off the ball. He has had several doubles, triples and even an inside the park homerun! He is now practicing for All Stars next month.
It’s also time for honey!
Ryan and Dennis got 3 gallons of honey from one of their hives and have already sold most of it.
School is already out for the boys and I still have one more day! Since school was out and they did not have any sporting commitments, Preston and Grant went on a trip with my parents. My mom wanted to go to a cemetery in Connecticut so they took the LONG route and went to Niagara Falls, Cooperstown NY (Baseball Hall of Fame), Howe Caverns, the cemetery, a light house in Maine and are finally on their way back home. They send us a few texts and pictures now and then. Preston sent one of his Maine Lobster! I think they are all having a great time.
I will “blog” about their trip when they get back.
Probably the biggest news of the month was that Ryan was chosen to be a student ambassador with the People to People program. He will spend 20 days traveling around Europe next June. He is beyond excited. We now have meetings to attend and we have to raise a ton of money. We are working on a letter campaign and a few fundraisers so keep that in mind as you plan your summer
haha!
Guess I almost left out Dennis. He was gone for 3 weeks for IG school. He is now the Inspector General for Ft Rucker! He officially started this week and I will start working on his office next week! Here he is being sworn in!
I have one more day of school since I am the CSC chairperson and receive extra money! I have to go because I am spending the money fixing up my porches. They are one summer project. I have a few small Pinterest projects, a large flower garden project, the boys sports and school scrapbooks and I have to start figuring out scholarship applications because I now have a child who is a SENIOR in high school! Let the crying begin!
I guess our life is never boring! What was I thinking!
No comments:
Post a Comment