Time has sure flown by here. I cannot believe that it is September and we are almost halfway through our first quarter of school! So far the POD situation is working out and my kiddos are staying in our class area. Great progress with one autistic child this week!! That’s why I keep teaching.
ALL of Dennis’s tests came back normal including a nerve measuring test last week. His face is back to “normal” but he still has some issues. He still has some pain, numbness and ringing in his ear and he still has trouble with his speech due to the involuntary air/coughing. The neurologist we are seeing seems to be as puzzled as we are so I think we will be getting a 2nd opinion soon.
The kids are doing great. Preston is playing varsity and JV football (with Grant). It was rough the first JV game with both boys on the field at the same time. I needed 2 cameras! Our varsity team won big this week so Preston got a lot of playing time and so did all his friends. It was fun watching them all play. Ryan is not playing football this fall. He is doing some acting stuff and learning the saxophone.
The house is coming along well. I have been amazed by all the wires and water hoses running through the house. It is like a spider web. The windows are in and the fireplace has been started. Next step: the roof. Of course there is a tropical storm heading our way so the roofing might have to wait.
Above the kitchen
Our tub…air jetted with a heated backrest!!
The fireplace will be framed out and then Limestone will be added to the entire thing including a hearth.
College football has started and Auburn just pulled off an amazing win. It was a game they should have won by 40 but we are a young team this year so we will take a W any way we can!
Ready for kick off.
What would game day be without football food. We did not know it but it is National Bacon Day. Dennis has been wanting to make BACON EXPLOSION, a recipe he saw online while deployed. He and the boys LOVED it. I ate half a piece and feel like exploding –haha. I think it needed to be on a biscuit!
Following the recipe on the laptop
2 lbs of bacon and 2 lbs of sausage all rolled up and smoked
Ready to eat!
Ryan and I went to a conference for 5th and 6th graders where a 19 yr old girl painted this picture with her fingers in 90 seconds. She did it to music and it was really cool! The coolest part was this was what she chose to do for a beauty pageant talent!
We are up for another busy weekend and week ahead but hopefully I will have time to update more often.
Until then….
Sounds very busy and exciting!
ReplyDelete