After a year of driving all the time, I am about to move into the passenger seat! Dennis is coming home and Preston will get his learner's permit to DRIVE! He is 15 today. It is so hard to believe that he and the other 5 boys that slept over Thursday night who ate like pigs, played hide and seek and video games are all going to be driving! Preston is so excited. He wanted to be able to drive Dennis home from his deployment but Dennis gets in on Monday and Preston cannot go take his test until Tuesday. But Dennis can now take him and if he passes, teach him how to drive. I have been giving him lessons as I drive and he has driven in our neighborhood, down my parent’s long driveway and on a small stretch of road near their house.
Preston has really grown up this year. (He did not even help us dye Easter Eggs last night :() He has been such a help to me while Dennis has been gone and done 98% of the things I asked without a fuss. His grades are good, I like his friends and he is still involved with sports and our church youth group. Not too bad for a teenager.
Preston has always been very excited about life and while I see that changing a bit, he still has not lost it. He is easy-going, relaxed, helpful, smart, a bit ditzy at times, but always fun. I am enjoying watching him grow up…just not so fast!
Playing Wii Just Dance 2…
Playing varsity baseball
As Jesus in the youth Passion Play
1st day of First Grade
Happy Birthday Preston!!!
Happy Birthday!!
ReplyDeleteSniff Sniff!!! It does break my heart that before I blink I will be writing that same post!!! Happy Birthday Preston!
ReplyDelete