Monday, November 23, 2009

November Fun

November is almost over and BOY has it  flown by…the whole year has!  We celebrated my mom and my niece Autumn’s birthdays this month.  It was so hard to even find a time when we all could get together to celebrate.  My other niece Lauren was in a Christmas beauty pageant.  She did good but did not win or place.  It was fun shopping for dresses with her.

Preston is still playing basketball and has moved up to the JV team so now he will play until February!  Grant and Ryan are still practicing and have not started games yet.  Ryan’s team will be named the Hornets and much to Grant’s dismay, his team name will be Bama.  As Auburn fans it will be hard to cheer on a team named Bama :)  But I told him to think of it as representing the state! 

Last Sunday at church we had a fund raiser for the youth group called Cake Wars.  The men of the church had to bake cakes to be auctioned off.  Ryan was all over that!  I was going to have Dennis and him make a cake together but Dennis was gone alot and Ryan wore me down.  So I showed him how to use the hand mixer and let him go!  He did a great job.  Just needed help getting the cake in and out of the oven.  He then used the left over icing I had from making my mom’s cake to decorate it.  He was very proud and his cake sold for $40!  Dennis quickly made a sour cream pound cake (1st cake ever) and his cake sold for $90.  Dennis worked the crowd a bit more than Ryan did!  Then we got to bid on a great looking ice cream cake.  Ryan REALLY got into the bidding and we now have a $117 ice cream cake! (it is pretty good- we had a taste when we got home).  I guess an ice cream cake can be tax deductable right?

We are now getting ready for Thanksgiving.  I am going to cook a small dinner on Wednesday so that we can have the leftovers and my kind of dressing (bread-not corn bread).  ON Thursday we will all go to Dennis’s parents for a big meal (my parent’s too).  Thursday night I will be in line for the midnight opening of Toys R Us and will hopefully be at Old Navy by 3am!  The BIGGEST football game of the year here will be played at 1:30 on Black Friday (men planned that) so I hope I can stay awake for it.  Then it will be time to get the tree and decorate the house, and take our pictures, and wrap presents, and bake…….. all while basketball goes on!

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving day.  We have so much to be thankful for this year and I hope you do too.

 

Picture 023

Lauren before the pageant

Picture 038

Autumn is TWO! and talking up a storm.  I like when she says, “Thank you Chelle”

Picture 055

Ryan made a Chocolate Dirt cake with Gummy worms.  I knew he could not mess this one up!  It looked really cool.

Picture 056

Picture 043

Ryan trying to light the candles on my mom’s cake. It wasn’t pretty but tasted great!

WAR EAauburn  boysGLE!! Here is an old picture of the boys in their Auburn jerseys!!  How cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment